Purposes and aims of the Association for Human Rights and Tolerance NPO as per the Statute
Articole 5 (Purposes)
The association has the purpose of:
- To promote a culture of respect of the human rights, in particular concerning safeguarding children and of the religious freedom, of creed and thought;
- To promote the achievement of human rights also through initiatives with the purpose of their effective accomplishment;
- To intervene in any part of the world with initiatives in full compliance with the laws of local governments and in full compliance with the freedom of expression and dissent as they are covered in the “Chart of Human Rights” towards all those governments or institutions and in general towards any situation where they are not respected or where the human rights of the Chart of the Human Rights are violated;
- To bring assistance to the victims of human freedoms violations, whether they are of religious, political nature or any other nature. Such activity will occur through legal support, organization of expose campaigns done through the press and by any peaceful means allowed by law.
- The Association has the only purpose of social solidarity.
- The association cannot have activities different than the ones mentioned in the above paragraphs except for those directly connected to them.
- Uniform discipline of the associative relationships and of the associative procedures to guarantee the effectiveness of such, expressively excluding the temporariness of the participation to the associative life and consider for the associates and the adult members the right to vote for the approval and modifications of the statute and of the regulations and for the nominee of the board of directors.
Article 6 (aims)
As not exhaustive title but to exemplify, the specific aims of the association are:
- To provide to constantly monitor, in any part of the globe and in all existing institutions of the world, the situations in relation to freedom and dignity that every individual has in exerting his fundamental freedom as a human being as they are described in the “Chart of Human Rights” of the United Nations (from now on we will refer to such Chart every time we will pronounce the defense of the rights concerning the human person);
- To guarantee legal assistance and material sustenance to every individual subject to freedom restrictions for his religious creed and his freedom of expression and dissent;
- To educate and make people at large aware, in all nations, in single countries and institutions, to face the necessities of all individuals to whom the freedom of expression and dissent is negated, as well as to practice the religion nearest to their moral values and to their religious creed. To promote, through pedagogical initiatives, civic and more, the education of human rights through the population, their spreading and promotion;
- The realization of humanitarian projects, in the whole world, the assistance to prisoners and other people who are deprived of the above mentioned human rights and in general of all those mentioned in the Chart of Human Rights, whether they are tangible or intangible, political or religious, of opinion or dissent, particularly in relation to situations of serious violation of these rights;
- The realization of programs with the purpose of promoting and defending human rights, religious freedom and political expression, in the short or medium term, in developing countries or in countries suffering of obvious lacks under this profile;
- The realization, in Italy or in industrialized countries, of interventions with the purpose of promoting and defending human rights, in the short term in situations of particular emergency due to the violation of such rights;
- The selection, training and engagement of volunteers to promote, educate, defend human rights in every place and situation in the world where it is needed;
- The training of citizens of developing countries;
- To produce information on the content and motivations of its own activity, in particular to its own supporters, also as editor of periodical publications;
- To promote and organize conferences, meetings and debates and events in general, which help build awareness and sensitivity on religious freedom, solidarity, human rights;
- To make aware and promote the respect of human rights towards governments, institutions, local, national, international agencies, companies, multinationals, scientific academies, organizations of any type and nature and every single individual. To counter governments that legislate, even if only partially, against the rights of the Chart of Human Rights with complaint activities using only means allowed by the laws of that state or nation in a peaceful and not violent fashion.